Skip to main content

Administrative records

 Subject
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus

Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:

Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia Board of Trustees records

 Collection
Identifier: ANSP-1990-013
Overview The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (ANSP) is a natural history museum which was founded in 1812, “for the encouragement and cultivation of the sciences, and the advancement of useful learning.” The ANSP Board of Trustees, was established in 1925, as one of the institution’s primary administrative bodies. The Board of Trustees was charged with establishing financial policies, selecting the Academy President, assisting with fund raising and community relations, and serving as a...
Dates: 1925 - 1990; Majority of material found within 1976 - 1989

Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, Division of Environmental Research Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ANSP-Coll-0999
Overview The Division of Environmental Research (DER) was established as a department of the Academy of Natural Sciences in 1947 by botanist and limnologist, Dr. Ruth Patrick. Originally called the Department of Limnology, the department was envisioned by Patrick as a multidisciplinary team of scientists devoted to helping protect the quality of the environment. Not only was environmental research a novel idea for the time, but the multidisciplinary nature of the research was also innovative. The...
Dates: 1952 - 1995

ANSP Treasurer Reports

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ANSP-Coll-0605
Overview This collection contains the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Treasurers' reports and other financial documents. Annual reports, appropriation documents, a budget report, two building fund reports, minutes, correspondence, one Treasurer's final account and a Trustees lease are included from the timeperiod of 1815 through 1927. The largest portion of the collection consists of Treasurers' annual reports. The financial documents in this collection provide a unique view into the...
Dates: 1815-1927

Architecture Program Reaccreditation records

 Collection
Identifier: UR-04-016
Overview Series I documents the architecture program’s initial accreditation in 1972-1973 with the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), and subsequent reaccreditations in 1978, 1983, 1986, 1992, 1999, and 2005.Series II was created or brought together to complete the requirements for the reaccreditation of the Architecture Program in the Department of Architecture and Interiors in 2012. It consists of the department’s reports to NAAB in 2005 and 2012, and material submitted to...
Dates: 1969 - 2012; Majority of material found within 2009 - 2012

Evening College records

 Collection
Identifier: UR-04-002
Overview The Drexel Evening College was founded in 1891, as the Department of Lectures and Evening Classes within the Drexel Institute of Art, Science and Industry, and held its first classes in 1892. A program of study geared towards working adults, it offered courses in drawing, decorative painting, modeling, woodcarving, stained glass, mathematics, bookkeeping, stenography and typewriting, chemistry, physics, shop work in wood and iron, cookery, dressmaking, millinery, physical culture,...
Dates: 1921 - 1993; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1988

Foundation Meeting Minutes and Constitution

 Collection
Identifier: ANSP-Coll-0527
Scope and Contents

This collection consists of four drafts or copies of meeting minutes from January 25, 1812 when the founders of the Academy discussed forming a society "on subjects of natural science," two copies of which are signed by those in attendance. The collection also contains four drafts of the constitutional act dated March 17, 1812, establishing the Academy of Natural Sciences as an entity and outlining the organization's structure and operation.

Dates: January 25, 1812-March 17, 1812

Hahnemann Hospital corporate records

 Collection
Identifier: HU.104
Overview

Early records of Hahnemann Hospital, including correspondence, mortgages, vouchers, and additional material. Hahnemann Hospital was opened in 1890 after Hahnemann Medical College cut ties with the independent Homeopathic Hospital of Philadelphia. Hahnemann Hospital moved to its permanent location in 1928, and continued to be a prominent Philadelphia hospital until it closed in 2019.

Dates: 1834-1918; Majority of material found in 1870-1880

Hahnemann University Academic Affairs records

 Collection
Identifier: HU-003
Overview Hahnemann University’s long history began in 1848 with the founding of the Homeopathic Medical College of Pennsylvania. Over the years, the institution evolved in many ways, eventually becoming Hahnemann University and, later, the Drexel University College of Medicine. In the mid- to late-twentieth century, with the decline of homeopathy, Hahnemann re-invented itself as a nationally known academic medical center with prominence in cardiac surgery and cardiology, oncology, transplantation,...
Dates: 1848 - 2009; Majority of material found within 1928 - 1994

Library records

 Collection
Identifier: UR-05-002
Overview The Library records contains documentation of the Drexel University Library from its creation in 1891 to 2003. Drexel University Library has been housed in three different buildings; the Main Building (1891-1958), the Korman Center (1959-1982) and W.W. Hagerty Library (1983-2010). The library was also responsible for running the library school until 1962, with the exception of the years 1914 to 1922 when the library school was suspended. The documents in this collection constitute a record...
Dates: 1891-2013

Peary Greenland Expedition Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ANSP-Coll-0145
Scope and Contents

The collection includes letters, reports, both administrative and scientific, lists of specimens taken and observed, photographs of the staff, equipment and area traversed. Original outline map of expedition routes drawn by R. E. Peary. Much information about the part played by the Academy of Natural Sciences, is preserved in its Publicity Scrapbooks. Peary flag, previously on display in the Museum, has been added to this collection.

Dates: 1890-1894