Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The American Women's Hospitals (AWH) developed from the War Service Committee of the Medical Women's National Association (later called the American Medical Women's Association) in 1917, to provide, register and finance American women physicians for war work; to offer medical and emergency relief to refugees; and, later, to provide international public health service. In 1959, AWH became an independent agency and remained such until 1982 when it re-merged with the American Medical Women's...
Dates: 1917 - 1982
Overview Contents of cornerstones of buildings at Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital locations: 1) Hahneman Medical College (Broad Street), 1884, 2) Hospital (South Tower), 1928, and 3) lists and some duplicate contents for the Hospital (North Tower), which was filled, sealed, and laid in 1979. Both 1884 and 1928 materials were placed together in the 1928 cornerstone, and removed in 1979. Included, for example, are ceremony programs listing contents, homeopathic materials including Directory of...
Dates: 1876-1928; Majority of material found in 1884-1928
These bound volumes contain the minutes of finance and executive committees, and other special committees of the board of trustees of the Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital.
Dates: 1848-1973; Majority of material found in 1920-1970
Overview These records from the late 19th century/early 20th century contain Hahnemann Hospital Medical and Surgical Staff Minutes, and Johnstown Homeopathic Dispensary finances and papers. Hahnemann Hospital was opened in 1890 as a teaching hospital for the Hahnemann Medical College and by the time it moved to its permanent location in 1928, it was one of the most modern and technologically developed hospitals in the nation. Johnstown Homeopathic Dispensary was a branch of the Philadelphia...
Dates: 1890-1916; Majority of material found in 1890-1916
Overview The collection includes biographical materials, visuals, publications, and exhibit components on the history of African Americans, with particular reference to health care. The material was collected primarily for inclusion in displays and exhibits for Hahnemann and the surrounding community. . Biographical and historical information on Black physicians, some of whom are Hahnemann graduates, and health related institutions, gathered primarily from published sources for exhibition purposes....
Dates: 1900 - 1992
Overview Oversize corporate records and documents of Hahnemann and related hospitals and organizations, maintained by the Executive Vice President and Hospital Director, and by the Office of Housing and Property Management, including: financial statements, 1907-16, charters and amendments, agreements, deeds, citations, certificates. Also includes honorary fraternities Sigma Xi and Alpha Omega Alpha, Hahnemann Club of Philadelphia, Homeopathic Hospital of Philadelphia, Washington Medical College of...
Dates: 1867-1996; Majority of material found in 1920-1996
Overview Comprised of records produced by the Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital Public Affairs office and retained by its director, Marjorie R. Carmosin, including: miscellaneous Hahnemann printed material such as newsletters, programs, brochures, reports, and announcements. The master file of Hahnemann publications includes: Medical Staff News 1958-71, Thermometer 1955-71, What's Happening 1977-79, Hahnemann Alumni News 1958-72; World of Hahnemann 1975-81; What's New 1969-75; Hahnemann Today...
Dates: 1898-1985; Majority of material found in 1970-1980
Abstract Founded by Dr. Elizabeth Comly-Howell in 1889, the West Philadelphia Hospital for Women was established in order to provide a place in West Philadelphia where women could be treated by women. In 1929, the hospital merged with the Woman's Hospital of Philadelphia. At the time of the merger, it was arranged that all maternity cases would be sent to the West Philadelphia Hospital, and surgical cases would be kept at the Woman's Hospital of Philadelphia. The Woman's Hospital of Philadelphia...
Dates: 1899 - 1932